Friday, October 30, 2015

I guess I should just be happy that Tumblr didn’t completely...





I guess I should just be happy that Tumblr didn’t completely terminate the wonderful feature of ‘tracked tags’ – which is the best community-oriented feature in the site (see topmost image, above). A tracked tag leads you to a curated feed of posts on the tracked topic. Like for example, the tracked tag for tech, above.  There are real contributors and editors involved in these tracked tags. Note that not all tags have curators, etc., only the most massive ones.

Now Tumblr’s gang of goons have decided – and how knows why – to redirect to ‘search’ on these terms, notwithstanding the fact that searching on ‘tech’ – for example – leads to way too much crap to ever be useful. See the second image.

Now I have to manually enter the url ‘https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/tech’ to get to the curated feed. 

There is a profound design error here. I added ‘tech’ as a tracked feed, and now it’s been redirected to a search for ‘tech’, but that’s not what I signed up for. And I’ve gotten no notification from Tumblr. Assholes.

Just another sign of the Yahooization of Tumblr. I hope when Marissa is fired, the next CEO has the sense to unscrew up Tumblr.

Medium is getting more attractive again.



from Stowe Boyd http://stoweboyd.com/post/132201744842

Latest Posts