Saturday, December 19, 2015

Sarah Sole has painted more than 40 portraits of Hillary...





Sarah Sole has painted more than 40 portraits of Hillary Clinton, including “Red Gun,” which is featured, controversially, on the cover of Doug Henwood’s book ‘My Turn.’

excerpt

Sole had another dream about Clinton recently. In this one, Clinton is leaning against a brick wall, crying softly. Sole walks up and asks if she’s OK.

“I try and hold her, and she pushes me away, she says, 'Fuck you!’ I was like, 'What, what? Do you know who I am? I’m the one who paints you.’ And she started laughing, she’s like, 'Oh yeah. Oh yeah.’ And then we start walking together, and she’s like” – referring to Sole’s paintings – “'You know, one day I’m going to have to get one of those.’”

(via Meet the Artist Who Creates Surreal Hillary Clinton Portraits | Rolling Stone)



from Stowe Boyd http://stoweboyd.com/post/135504636047

Latest Posts