Yesterday, I reposted a long series of posts originally published at Work Futures on Medium. The reasoning for that migration is complex, but here’s the skinny. Medium is an interesting experiment – especially with regard to social affordances, like ‘responses’ and ‘side comments’ – but recent reorientation of the company toward being a network (like Facebook and Twitter) instead of a publishing system (like Wordpress or Squarespace), means they will likely decrease investments in features for publishers (see What’s Going On At Medium?).
Add to that the reality that non-tech people aren’t signing up for Medium very quickly, and the fact that I have 160K+ followers here on the well-established Tumblr, I’ve decided to shelf the Work Futures experiment. Companies sponsoring my writing (Dell and IBM) were happy to have those posts appear on Medium, but honestly are happier with Tumblr.
To make a long story short, I migrated about 20 posts over the past few days (apologies for the torrent yesterday). Today, seven of the most recent 20 posts curated on the Tech tag were from that pile of posts.
It’s good to be back.
from Stowe Boyd http://stoweboyd.com/post/121104873657