Wednesday, May 27, 2015

VMware Recruiter Insights: 3 Company Features You Should Consider When Looking For a New Job

My Journey to VMware I write this coming to the end of my very first month working at VMware(I still feel like a newbie, but less and less with each day that passes). Many people can experience stress and worry when moving into a new working environment. However I’m happy to report that my first […]]> My Journey to VMware

I write this coming to the end of my very first month working at VMware(I still feel like a newbie, but less and less with each day that passes). Many people can experience stress and worry when moving into a new working environment. However I’m happy to report that my first four weeks at VMware have been challenging, invigorating and exciting!

My role as a Candidate Development Recruitermeans that I am responsible for sourcing the very best talent that the market has to offer in our SEMEA (Southern Europe, Middle East & Africa) region. I sit with my colleagues on the Global Talent Acquisition team in the HR organization, a group that can only be described as a hive of activity. There is a constant buzzing of conversations with prospective VMware employees from all corners of the globe.

So you might be asking yourself, what enticed me to join this organization and have my expectations lived up to reality?

To answer this question I am going to focus on the three primary reasons that made my decision to work at VMware quite easy; the people, the training/onboarding program and the future of the company.

The People: As a Recruiter, I paid very close attention to how I was engaged with throughout the recruitment process at VMware. From the very first contact right through to my job offer, I can say that I was met with a level of knowledge & professionalism that made me want to work at VMware. After four weeks on the job, I haven’t been disappointed. Everyone that I have encountered has a sense of enthusiasm in what they are doing and there is a strong sense of pride in VMware, which is very easy to buy into. The atmosphere is positive, not only in our department, but among the Cork campusas a whole, which makes for an enjoyable work environment.

The Training/Onboarding: On my first day at VMware, I was presented with my training program that covered the many facets of my role, such as advanced social media, compliance & recruitment process, and the opportunity to job shadow my other team members. It was a well-balanced program designed to get me up to speed in an efficient manner. Obviously, there’s still a learning curve, but I certainly know a lot more now than I did four weeks ago. There is also the impending prospect of becoming a VMware Sales Professional(VSP) – our accreditation which provides an in-depth understanding of VMware’s suite of products. The VSP certification is an exciting prospect as it will further reinforce my understanding of VMware’s diverse portfolio of products.

The Company’s Future: VMware has always been a dynamic and forward thinking organization. Think about it this way - the company is only 17 years old and already has 18,000 employees world-wide (phenomenal growth in my opinion). Nobody can accurately predict the future, however VMware has seen steady growth in the vCloudAir business and the exciting prospects of our SDDC (Software-defined Data Center) are sure to lead the way to sustained growth.

Reality often turns out to be profoundly different from expectation, but when you pinpoint what is important for you, make sure you pay attention to it. I’ve learned that the people I surrounded myself with, the opportunity to learn, and being a part of what’s next is important for me. This makes me excited for what’s to come, and right now I know I’m happy to be a part of the community of people here at VMwareand the opportunity it provides me to grow as an individual.

 

 

 

Search all of our open positions worldwide

Visit the VMware Careers Site to learn more about life at VMware

Learn more about the workplace culture at VMware, see pics of our offices, talk to recruiters, and get real time job openings by following us on our social pages:

http://pinterest.com/lifeatvmware/

http://facebook.com/vmwarecareers

http://twitter.com/vmwarecareers

http://instagram.com/vmwarecareers

LinkedIn Group “VMware Careers”



from vmwarenews.de , Original Post Here

Latest Posts